Chris Brown and Jill Scott Confirmed as Performers at 2011 BET Awards
It has just been announced that Chris Brown and Jill Scott have been tapped as musical guests at 2011 BET Awards. The former leads this year's nomination list with a total of six nods, while the latter has been absent from the prize-giving event for several years due to her music hiatus.
Although Jill was absent from last year's nomination, she still managed to rock the BET house. In November 2010, the 39-year-old soul diva heated up the network's "Black Girls Rock!" music event along with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Keri Hilson and Ciara.
As for Breezy, he stirred controversy at last year's BET Awards with his teary performance when paying tribute to the late King of Pop Michael Jackson. He got mixed reaction after performing an emotional rendition of "Man in the Mirror" at the prize-giving event.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. In the performer line-up, Breezy and Jill will be joined by Alicia Keys.
More Chris Brown News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer