Chris Brown and Jill Scott Confirmed as Performers at 2011 BET Awards
It has just been announced that Chris Brown and Jill Scott have been tapped as musical guests at 2011 BET Awards. The former leads this year's nomination list with a total of six nods, while the latter has been absent from the prize-giving event for several years due to her music hiatus.
Although Jill was absent from last year's nomination, she still managed to rock the BET house. In November 2010, the 39-year-old soul diva heated up the network's "Black Girls Rock!" music event along with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Keri Hilson and Ciara.
As for Breezy, he stirred controversy at last year's BET Awards with his teary performance when paying tribute to the late King of Pop Michael Jackson. He got mixed reaction after performing an emotional rendition of "Man in the Mirror" at the prize-giving event.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. In the performer line-up, Breezy and Jill will be joined by Alicia Keys.
More Chris Brown News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March