Chris Brown and Jill Scott Confirmed as Performers at 2011 BET Awards
It has just been announced that Chris Brown and Jill Scott have been tapped as musical guests at 2011 BET Awards. The former leads this year's nomination list with a total of six nods, while the latter has been absent from the prize-giving event for several years due to her music hiatus.
Although Jill was absent from last year's nomination, she still managed to rock the BET house. In November 2010, the 39-year-old soul diva heated up the network's "Black Girls Rock!" music event along with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Keri Hilson and Ciara.
As for Breezy, he stirred controversy at last year's BET Awards with his teary performance when paying tribute to the late King of Pop Michael Jackson. He got mixed reaction after performing an emotional rendition of "Man in the Mirror" at the prize-giving event.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. In the performer line-up, Breezy and Jill will be joined by Alicia Keys.
More Chris Brown News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'