Taylor Swift and Shania Twain's 'Thelma and Louise' Parody for CMT Awards Teased
Taylor Swift and Shania Twain had a busy day on June 6, filming an opening segment for upcoming CMT Music Awards. The two female country music singers were all smiles as they hit the road together in a vintage convertible. Shania was behind the wheel and Taylor sat beside her on the passenger seat.
The video will be a parody of outlaw classic movie "Thelma & Louise" and was filmed at Thompson's Station, Tenn., a community south of Nashville. Taylor and Shania will recreate a scene where a waitress and housewife, played by Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis respectively, embark on a road trip together. Joining them as a cameo will be "Glee" star Chord Overstreet.
CMT Music Awards will be held in a live ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee on June 8 with Kid Rock as a host. Big & Rich, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Toby Keith and Zac Brown Band will perform.
The presenters, meanwhile, include Shania Twain, Sara Evans, Train, Kristin Chenoweth, Melissa Peterman, Mary Steenburgen, "American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina, as well as newly-crowned "Dancing with the Stars" winner Hines Ward.
More Taylor Swift News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie