Taylor Swift and Shania Twain's 'Thelma and Louise' Parody for CMT Awards Teased
Taylor Swift and Shania Twain had a busy day on June 6, filming an opening segment for upcoming CMT Music Awards. The two female country music singers were all smiles as they hit the road together in a vintage convertible. Shania was behind the wheel and Taylor sat beside her on the passenger seat.
The video will be a parody of outlaw classic movie "Thelma & Louise" and was filmed at Thompson's Station, Tenn., a community south of Nashville. Taylor and Shania will recreate a scene where a waitress and housewife, played by Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis respectively, embark on a road trip together. Joining them as a cameo will be "Glee" star Chord Overstreet.
CMT Music Awards will be held in a live ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee on June 8 with Kid Rock as a host. Big & Rich, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Toby Keith and Zac Brown Band will perform.
The presenters, meanwhile, include Shania Twain, Sara Evans, Train, Kristin Chenoweth, Melissa Peterman, Mary Steenburgen, "American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina, as well as newly-crowned "Dancing with the Stars" winner Hines Ward.
More Taylor Swift News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal