'King Kong' to Get Animated on Big Screen
20th Century Fox is seemingly interested in simian-themed films by now. While prepping to release "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" debut in U.S. theaters on August 5, the studio is said proposing an animated "King Kong" film.
Deadline first broke the news, reporting that Fox takes on 1933's "King Kong" and has hired Magalhaes and Bob Snow to pen "a modern day twist" for the new "King Kong (2013)" film. The forthcoming animation flick will have a story told from the ape's point of view, and will be based on a story by Mike Weber. In the meantime, Shawn Levy and Ted Field will serve as the producers.
"King Kong" has been remade or reimaginated for several times, including a 1976 film with a 1986 sequel "King Kong Lives". Director of "The Lord of the Rings" film series, Peter Jackson, also made a reimagination of the film in 2005's "King Kong", starring Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Adrien Brody.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna