'King Kong' to Get Animated on Big Screen
20th Century Fox is seemingly interested in simian-themed films by now. While prepping to release "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" debut in U.S. theaters on August 5, the studio is said proposing an animated "King Kong" film.
Deadline first broke the news, reporting that Fox takes on 1933's "King Kong" and has hired Magalhaes and Bob Snow to pen "a modern day twist" for the new "King Kong (2013)" film. The forthcoming animation flick will have a story told from the ape's point of view, and will be based on a story by Mike Weber. In the meantime, Shawn Levy and Ted Field will serve as the producers.
"King Kong" has been remade or reimaginated for several times, including a 1976 film with a 1986 sequel "King Kong Lives". Director of "The Lord of the Rings" film series, Peter Jackson, also made a reimagination of the film in 2005's "King Kong", starring Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Adrien Brody.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...