'King Kong' to Get Animated on Big Screen
20th Century Fox is seemingly interested in simian-themed films by now. While prepping to release "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" debut in U.S. theaters on August 5, the studio is said proposing an animated "King Kong" film.
Deadline first broke the news, reporting that Fox takes on 1933's "King Kong" and has hired Magalhaes and Bob Snow to pen "a modern day twist" for the new "King Kong (2013)" film. The forthcoming animation flick will have a story told from the ape's point of view, and will be based on a story by Mike Weber. In the meantime, Shawn Levy and Ted Field will serve as the producers.
"King Kong" has been remade or reimaginated for several times, including a 1976 film with a 1986 sequel "King Kong Lives". Director of "The Lord of the Rings" film series, Peter Jackson, also made a reimagination of the film in 2005's "King Kong", starring Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Adrien Brody.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip