Nikki Reed Gets Her Dad's Blessing Over Engagement to Paul McDonald
Nikki Reed's engagement to her boyfriend of a few months Paul McDonald has been approved by her father Seth. Although the engagement seems to be in a rush given their new relationship, Seth is happy for his daughter.
The father of the "Twilight Saga" movie beauty told RadarOnline, "I am happy for them both it's good news." However, he refused to share details behind the couple's engagement, saying "I guess the press are all over the story, so, I don't want to say too much at this time."
While Nikki's father was reluctant to share details of the story, a jewelery expert Michael O'Connor was willing to reveal what he knew about the engagement ring she flashed while attending 2011 MTV Movie Awards over the weekend. He said it's an eternity-style ring which is very appropriate for such a head-over-heels couple.
"This is a modern version of a platinum and diamond eternity ring that could also work as a stunning wedding band," Michael said to Us Magazine. "It features full diamonds surrounded by intertwining platinum, and is a great symbol of two people bonding together for a lifetime. Estimated price tag: $30,000."
Nikki and Paul started to get close when he was still competing on "American Idol". They met during the premiere night of "Red Riding Hood" last April, and dated soon after. Talking about what makes her impressed by Paul, Nikki said, "I've never met anyone like him. I've never met anyone who has such a good solid heart and comes from such a good solid family and is just a genuine person."
More Nikki Reed News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?