'Salt' Sequel Is Underway
Sony Pictures is allegedly developing an untitled Salt sequel. Deadline reports that Kurt Wimmer is currently writing the script. Angelina Jolie, in the meantime, will sign on to reprise her role in the forthcoming film "if it comes together right".
A 2010 film, "Salt" revolves around Jolie's Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent whose loyalty is tested when a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy. Salt goes on the run, using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative to elude capture.
Salt's efforts to prove her innocence only serve to cast doubt on her motives, as the hunt to uncover the truth behind her identity continues and the question remains: "Who Is Salt?" The film ended with a cliffhanger: Salt gives an expression that she wants to get revenge against those who "took everything from her".
This PG-13-rated movie ended up raking $118 million at the domestic box office, while earning nearly $300 million worldwide. Directed by Phillip Noyce, the action film also had the likes of Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones, Yara Shahidi, Victor Slezak and Gaius Charles take the supporting roles.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video