Sean Kingston Able to Walk After Jet Skiing Crash, Thanks Fans for Support
It seems that Sean Kingston is getting better and better under the care of doctors at Memorial Hospital in Miami following a nasty jet skiing accident in late May. The reggae-fusion singer has been able to walk again, his representative Joseph Carozza confirmed.
"Sean is breathing on his own and walked for the first time this morning," Joseph issued a statement on Monday, June 6. "Sean Kingston continues to be hospitalized at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. His condition has been upgraded to serious."
The rep added, "Sean thanks his friends, family and fans for their outpouring of prayers and well wishes." Among those sending prayers for him immediately after the accident were his celeb friends Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj.
Riri tweeted, "Sean we praying for u baby," while 17-year-old Justin wrote a longer posting that read, "got my friend @seankingston in my prayers tonight. a true friend and big bro. please keep him in your prayers tonight as well." Sean's collaborator on "Letting Go (Dutty Love)", Nicki, added, "My love & prayers are with Sean Kingston & his family."
Sean was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital on Sunday evening, May 29 in a critical condition after crashing into a bridge connecting Palm Island to the MacArthur Causeway while riding on a jet ski. He was rescued by an off-duty Coast Guard member Jonathan Rivera. Sean reportedly arrived in the hospital with water in his lungs, a broken jaw, and a fractured wrist.
According to TMZ, Sean's mother thanked the kind man, and gave him a phone call after learning the news. "She kept saying she couldn't thank him enough for what he did and said Sean wanted to thank him in person when he's better," the publication reported.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other