Creator: One of 'Desperate Housewives' Actresses Is Not Funny
Marc Cherry boldly told the press that one of the main cast on "Desperate Housewives" actually doesn't have what it takes to be in comedy. Without fear of offending his actresses, the show's creator said, "One of my actresses on 'Desperate Housewives' is not funny", at the Producers Guild's Produced by Conference.
Cherry had found himself at odds with former cast Nicollette Sheridan who filed a lawsuit for being wrongfully terminated. Sheridan also said that the showrunner created a hostile working environment, once hit her in the head and said bad things about Teri Hatcher.
But Cherry is not worried of finding himself in a similar situation, telling the audience that he had to coach that one actress by saying "Sweetie, if you raise your eyebrow here, you'll get a laugh." Not mentioning name, he continued, "She does, and she gets nominations. Daddy's little girl does comedy. I'm part daddy, part psychiatrist."
This conversation is part of the discussion about how much influence Cherry has on the show. The other panelists agreed that Cherry held the biggest responsibility by being writer, parent, teacher, therapist, accountant and student at the same time. Darren Star of "Sex and the City" chimed in, "You don't have a life when you're running a show."
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board