Creator: One of 'Desperate Housewives' Actresses Is Not Funny
Marc Cherry boldly told the press that one of the main cast on "Desperate Housewives" actually doesn't have what it takes to be in comedy. Without fear of offending his actresses, the show's creator said, "One of my actresses on 'Desperate Housewives' is not funny", at the Producers Guild's Produced by Conference.
Cherry had found himself at odds with former cast Nicollette Sheridan who filed a lawsuit for being wrongfully terminated. Sheridan also said that the showrunner created a hostile working environment, once hit her in the head and said bad things about Teri Hatcher.
But Cherry is not worried of finding himself in a similar situation, telling the audience that he had to coach that one actress by saying "Sweetie, if you raise your eyebrow here, you'll get a laugh." Not mentioning name, he continued, "She does, and she gets nominations. Daddy's little girl does comedy. I'm part daddy, part psychiatrist."
This conversation is part of the discussion about how much influence Cherry has on the show. The other panelists agreed that Cherry held the biggest responsibility by being writer, parent, teacher, therapist, accountant and student at the same time. Darren Star of "Sex and the City" chimed in, "You don't have a life when you're running a show."
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik