Offending Christianity, Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Banned in Lebanon
Claimed to have insulted Christianity, Lady GaGa's latest album "Born This Way" is banned in Lebanon. The effort which has sold millions in other parts of the world is not accessible physically in the Mideast country but its residents are still able to download it from Amazon's cloud.
A lot of copies have been shipped to the country but now they are piled in police offices. "We collected the CDs on the grounds that the music was offensive to religion," an unnamed official from the office of censorship said. "They are still in our offices. We are still deciding what to do with them."
Beside its controversial Christian references, the album is banned on the ground that it has "bad taste". Fady Masoud, senior music supervisor at Virgin Megastore's main branch in Lebanon, regretted this act by the officials, saying "We care that this CD be released because it will produce great revenue. Lady GaGa has a huge fan base in Lebanon."
Indeed a Lebanese university graduate Dyala Badran voiced his opinion, "Lebanese authorities cannot form a functional government but manage to ban Lady GaGa's album, due to religious sensitivities. I think they need to get their priorities straight."
The Lebanese government had previously banned the airplay of "Born This Way" single "Judas". Masoud is hoping that the censorship office would black out the song and "Bloody Mary" on the CD case and allow it to circulate in the market.
More Lady GaGa News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie