Offending Christianity, Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Banned in Lebanon
Claimed to have insulted Christianity, Lady GaGa's latest album "Born This Way" is banned in Lebanon. The effort which has sold millions in other parts of the world is not accessible physically in the Mideast country but its residents are still able to download it from Amazon's cloud.
A lot of copies have been shipped to the country but now they are piled in police offices. "We collected the CDs on the grounds that the music was offensive to religion," an unnamed official from the office of censorship said. "They are still in our offices. We are still deciding what to do with them."
Beside its controversial Christian references, the album is banned on the ground that it has "bad taste". Fady Masoud, senior music supervisor at Virgin Megastore's main branch in Lebanon, regretted this act by the officials, saying "We care that this CD be released because it will produce great revenue. Lady GaGa has a huge fan base in Lebanon."
Indeed a Lebanese university graduate Dyala Badran voiced his opinion, "Lebanese authorities cannot form a functional government but manage to ban Lady GaGa's album, due to religious sensitivities. I think they need to get their priorities straight."
The Lebanese government had previously banned the airplay of "Born This Way" single "Judas". Masoud is hoping that the censorship office would black out the song and "Bloody Mary" on the CD case and allow it to circulate in the market.
More Lady GaGa News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?