MTV Explains Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon's Uncensored F-Bombs
Robert Pattinson dropped the F-bomb during Generation Award presentation for his "Water for Elephants" co-star Reese Witherspoon at 2011 MTV Movie Awards and it went uncensored on the East Coast. Reese herself said the F-word on her accepting speech and it went through as well.
The award show held in Los Angeles was live on American television although it was airing on a slight delay, which would enable the producers to scramble on the bleep button. The network's defense is, "It was unexpected, and was a technical glitch in not catching it."
Robert, Patrick Dempsey and Chelsea Handler were toasting Reese during the special segment, but the polite words soon turned crude. While joking about playing her son in "Vanity Fair" and then her lover in "Elephants", Robert said, "Seven years later we worked together on a movie called 'Water for Elephants' and you played my mother...I didn't cut you out, but I did f**k you."
Robert did not stop there as he said, "Now I know that Southern girls can wear girdles but they can't talk about it, Tequila is like Lays chips, you can't just have one, and that it is possible to be 33 percent lesbian." Reese then took a revenge, saying Robert had missed the punch line. "I played your mother, then we had a sex scene, so really you're the best mother f**ker in Hollywood," she said.
The network's rep the said to TV Line in a statement, "It was unexpected, and was a technical glitch in not catching it. It won't be in West Coast feed or any repeats."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'