Jai McDowall Beat Justin Bieber-Lookalike on 'Britain's Got Talent' Finale
Singer Jai McDowall won "Britain's Got Talent" series 5 and his victory, at the same time, debunks the story that the show is fixed. McDowall, the 24-year-old who is called the "dark horse" by judge Amanda Holden, beat 12-year-old favorite Ronan Parke who reportedly has been groomed by Simon Cowell to win the show.
McDowall won by 2.5 percentage points. "I feel absolutely amazing, fantastic," the Scottish singer said, "it's so much more." Parke himself who is compared to Justin Bieber did not hold a bitter feeling. "I loved it, thank you to everyone who voted. Congratulations Jai," he said.
Cowell commented, "Despite this result Ronan has still got what it takes to go all the way. He's a great kid and I'm going to make him a star." Ronan then told Mirror, "I'm really happy I came second. I had the best time on the show and I've made some great friends especially New Bounce and Jai. I can't wait to release an album with both covers and my own songs. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember."
As the winner, McDowall is entitled to GBP100,000 prize and a gig in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety later this year.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated