Jai McDowall Beat Justin Bieber-Lookalike on 'Britain's Got Talent' Finale
Singer Jai McDowall won "Britain's Got Talent" series 5 and his victory, at the same time, debunks the story that the show is fixed. McDowall, the 24-year-old who is called the "dark horse" by judge Amanda Holden, beat 12-year-old favorite Ronan Parke who reportedly has been groomed by Simon Cowell to win the show.
McDowall won by 2.5 percentage points. "I feel absolutely amazing, fantastic," the Scottish singer said, "it's so much more." Parke himself who is compared to Justin Bieber did not hold a bitter feeling. "I loved it, thank you to everyone who voted. Congratulations Jai," he said.
Cowell commented, "Despite this result Ronan has still got what it takes to go all the way. He's a great kid and I'm going to make him a star." Ronan then told Mirror, "I'm really happy I came second. I had the best time on the show and I've made some great friends especially New Bounce and Jai. I can't wait to release an album with both covers and my own songs. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember."
As the winner, McDowall is entitled to GBP100,000 prize and a gig in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety later this year.
More Britain's Got Talent News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special