Jai McDowall Beat Justin Bieber-Lookalike on 'Britain's Got Talent' Finale
Singer Jai McDowall won "Britain's Got Talent" series 5 and his victory, at the same time, debunks the story that the show is fixed. McDowall, the 24-year-old who is called the "dark horse" by judge Amanda Holden, beat 12-year-old favorite Ronan Parke who reportedly has been groomed by Simon Cowell to win the show.
McDowall won by 2.5 percentage points. "I feel absolutely amazing, fantastic," the Scottish singer said, "it's so much more." Parke himself who is compared to Justin Bieber did not hold a bitter feeling. "I loved it, thank you to everyone who voted. Congratulations Jai," he said.
Cowell commented, "Despite this result Ronan has still got what it takes to go all the way. He's a great kid and I'm going to make him a star." Ronan then told Mirror, "I'm really happy I came second. I had the best time on the show and I've made some great friends especially New Bounce and Jai. I can't wait to release an album with both covers and my own songs. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember."
As the winner, McDowall is entitled to GBP100,000 prize and a gig in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety later this year.
More Britain's Got Talent News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding