Trace Adkins' Wife on House Fire: 'I'm Just Numb'
Trace Adkins' home may be burned to the ground on Saturday, June 4 afternoon but his wife Rhonda is still grateful. "You can replace things, not people. I'm just glad that my children are safe," said Rhonda whose two young kids managed to escape the burned house with pets and houseguests unharmed.
Trace was not at home when his Brentwood home was destroyed by fire. He was on flight to Alaska and had no knowledge about the fire but was notified by security at the airport gate. "He's gonna freak. He's probably gonna think I'm dead," Rhonda said.
Rhonda herself was in Atlanta that afternoon and three minutes away from the house when she saw the smoke. She arrived home about ten minutes after the firefighters said the fire started. "By the time I got here, the house was fully engulfed," she said.
The house, which is 5000-square-foot, was home for the family for 11 years. Cause of fire is still not determined as of press time but Rhonda doubted the speculation that clothes dryer explosion became the trigger, saying it had not been used in a week.
Rhonda, who is comforted by her neighbors, said they plan to stay in their farm in Eagleville. "I'm just numb," she said. "I'm sad because we lost irreplaceable things like all Trace's awards and our family photos."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support