Trace Adkins' Wife on House Fire: 'I'm Just Numb'
Trace Adkins' home may be burned to the ground on Saturday, June 4 afternoon but his wife Rhonda is still grateful. "You can replace things, not people. I'm just glad that my children are safe," said Rhonda whose two young kids managed to escape the burned house with pets and houseguests unharmed.
Trace was not at home when his Brentwood home was destroyed by fire. He was on flight to Alaska and had no knowledge about the fire but was notified by security at the airport gate. "He's gonna freak. He's probably gonna think I'm dead," Rhonda said.
Rhonda herself was in Atlanta that afternoon and three minutes away from the house when she saw the smoke. She arrived home about ten minutes after the firefighters said the fire started. "By the time I got here, the house was fully engulfed," she said.
The house, which is 5000-square-foot, was home for the family for 11 years. Cause of fire is still not determined as of press time but Rhonda doubted the speculation that clothes dryer explosion became the trigger, saying it had not been used in a week.
Rhonda, who is comforted by her neighbors, said they plan to stay in their farm in Eagleville. "I'm just numb," she said. "I'm sad because we lost irreplaceable things like all Trace's awards and our family photos."
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift