House Not Trying to Kill Cuddy in 'House M.D.' Season 7 Finale
House left an impression that he was trying to kill Cuddy in the season 7 finale of "House M.D." after he crashed his car into her living room, but now David Shore has explained that it is not the case. "I'm aware of that reaction [and], though it's not universal, it's something we have to think about. It wasn't intended," the show's creator insisted.
"He was clearly doing something crazy and visceral, but he wasn't trying to kill. If you watch the episode closely enough, [Cuddy and Co.] are leaving the room before he drives into that room. He sees that," Shore continued. "Certainly, it was crazy and irresponsible and dangerous, but it wasn't an attempt to murder her."
Laying another argument, he told TVLine at WGA Foundation event, "Second of all, when he leaves, he says [to Wilson], 'You're right. I do feel better.' And he does feel better, which to me means he got what he wanted out of that. He did intend to lash out. He did intend to hurt her, but not physically. He got what he wanted, which was to strike a blow against her world."
Regarding Lisa Edelstein's departure, Shore said he would have crafted a different season ender if he had known her plans. "It probably would have involved more closure on the character," he shared. "I was really disappointed. I am still reeling from it..."
Asked whether Edelstein would return in season 8 for an episode or two to properly finish her storyline, Shore said, "We have to plan for her not coming back," because "there's no indication that she would at this point." Scribe Peter Blake, meanwhile, claimed explaining Cuddy's departure will be easier than figuring out what would happen next with Huddy if she was still on the show.
Talking about a new character who will take over Cuddy's job, Shore told Entertainment Weekly, "It depends on how things unfold but there definitely may well be more than one." One thing he knows for sure is that "House is not going to be totally changed or different."
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her