Adele Apologizes for Canceling Her North American Tour
Adele, who recently ruled Billboard Hot 200 for multiple weeks with her sophomore set "21", was forced to scrap remaining dates of her North American tour due to illness. In a statement when announcing the cancellation, the British singer said, "I'm really frustrated." She added, "I'm so sorry."
Before canceling the whole remaining dates, the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker had already postponed some U.S. shows "under doctor's orders when she was diagnosed with laryngitis." She put on hold May 29 concert at Salt Lake City on short notice, before postponing other gigs in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland.
Her concert was supposed to resume on June 4 in San Francisco, CA, but she needs more time to recuperate so the cancellation was her only option. "While resting in Los Angeles, Adele met with an Otolaryngology specialist who determined it was imperative that she take the next few weeks to recover with absolute voice rest," it was announced on her official website.
She herself said, "I was hoping with a weeks rest I'd be better to sing again straight away. However there is absolutely nothing I can do but take the doctors advice and rest some more." There are at least nine canceled concerts including the ones in San Diego, Austin, Dallas, Atlanta and Nashville. "Plans to reschedule these canceled tour dates are being investigated; more information will be provided when available," it's concluded.
This fall, Adele will be back on the road across the United Kingdom. She's expected to kick off another series of sold-out concerts on September 4 in Plymouth. She is additionally going to play at the O2 Academy for Glasgow on September 25. More dates of her concerts can be seen on her official website.
More Adele News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary