Universal to Develop Sci-Fi Thriller Movie With 'Fast Five' Director Producing
After gaining success through "Fast Five" and its previous "The Fast and The Furious" film series, Justin Lin is back with a new movie. This time, he will once again team up with Universal Pictures to develop an untitled sci-fi/thriller project, in which he will serve as the producer along with Scott Stuber.
Bobby Glickert, who was a P.A. in "Transformers" and "Iron Man" as well as Lin's former assistant in "Fast and Furious", wrote the outline for the forthcoming film. He will also serve as the helmer and the producer. In the meantime, Universal is still on the hunt for a screenwriter.
Although details are being kept under wraps, Lin has spoken to Heat Vision, "Taking a step back, as a viewer, the tone and the gritty approach to the sci-fi genre taken here is something that hasn't been seen in a while." A source also opened up to the site, saying that the flick will be in the vein of Michael Mann's "Heat" and the "Bourne" movies.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd