Universal to Develop Sci-Fi Thriller Movie With 'Fast Five' Director Producing
After gaining success through "Fast Five" and its previous "The Fast and The Furious" film series, Justin Lin is back with a new movie. This time, he will once again team up with Universal Pictures to develop an untitled sci-fi/thriller project, in which he will serve as the producer along with Scott Stuber.
Bobby Glickert, who was a P.A. in "Transformers" and "Iron Man" as well as Lin's former assistant in "Fast and Furious", wrote the outline for the forthcoming film. He will also serve as the helmer and the producer. In the meantime, Universal is still on the hunt for a screenwriter.
Although details are being kept under wraps, Lin has spoken to Heat Vision, "Taking a step back, as a viewer, the tone and the gritty approach to the sci-fi genre taken here is something that hasn't been seen in a while." A source also opened up to the site, saying that the flick will be in the vein of Michael Mann's "Heat" and the "Bourne" movies.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed