Megan Fox Disliked How She Was Portrayed as Sex Symbol
Megan Fox did not like the way she was portrayed in "Transformers" films, therefore she quit. According to her former co-star Shia LaBeouf, Fox was not ready to become a sex symbol after her appearance in the first film which hit theaters in 2007.
"Megan developed this Spice Girl strength, this woman-empowerment [stuff] that made her feel awkward about her involvement with [director] Michael Bay, who some people think is a very lascivious filmmaker, the way he films women," LaBeouf told Los Angeles Times.
"Mike films women in a way that appeals to a 16-year-old sexuality. It's summer. It's Michael's style. And I think [Fox] never got comfortable with it," he continued. "This is a girl who was taken from complete obscurity and placed in a sex-driven role in front of the whole world and told she was the sexiest woman in America. And she had a hard time accepting it."
But it is a different case with LaBeouf's current co-star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley who replaces Fox as his love interest in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". "Rosie comes with this Victoria's Secret background, and she's comfortable with it, so she can get down with Mike's way of working and it makes the whole set vibe very different," LaBeouf said.
More Megan Fox News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set