Megan Fox Disliked How She Was Portrayed as Sex Symbol
Megan Fox did not like the way she was portrayed in "Transformers" films, therefore she quit. According to her former co-star Shia LaBeouf, Fox was not ready to become a sex symbol after her appearance in the first film which hit theaters in 2007.
"Megan developed this Spice Girl strength, this woman-empowerment [stuff] that made her feel awkward about her involvement with [director] Michael Bay, who some people think is a very lascivious filmmaker, the way he films women," LaBeouf told Los Angeles Times.
"Mike films women in a way that appeals to a 16-year-old sexuality. It's summer. It's Michael's style. And I think [Fox] never got comfortable with it," he continued. "This is a girl who was taken from complete obscurity and placed in a sex-driven role in front of the whole world and told she was the sexiest woman in America. And she had a hard time accepting it."
But it is a different case with LaBeouf's current co-star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley who replaces Fox as his love interest in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". "Rosie comes with this Victoria's Secret background, and she's comfortable with it, so she can get down with Mike's way of working and it makes the whole set vibe very different," LaBeouf said.
More Megan Fox News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special