Listen to Coldplay's New Single 'Every Tear is a Waterfall'
The single that Coldplay announced at the end of last month is officially out for digital sale. "I turn the music on/ I've got my records on/ From underneath the rubble, sing a rebel song," frontman Chris Martin crooned in "Every Tear is a Waterfall".
The song is first single from their upcoming not-yet-titled album which Martin has described as an album filled with songs "about life, the good stuff, the bad stuff, everything." Brian Eno and Markus Dravs who worked on the band's last album "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" come back as the new album's producers.
The band have confirmed that "Every Tear is a Waterfall" samples Australian 1970s songwriter Peter Allen's single "I Go to Rio". In December 2008, the band were sued by Joe Satriani over claimed that they have plagiarized his 2004 track "If I Could Fly" for their single "Viva La Vida".
In announcing the single's debut, drummer Will Champion wrote on their website, "We're about to play a bunch of summer festivals so it's as good a time as any to put out a new song. 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall' will be available digitally on Friday 3rd June at 12pm (BST), except in the UK where it'll come out on the stroke of midnight between Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June. We'll also stream it here on Friday and give it a run out at Rock Im Park."
The band are playing in the German festival this weekend before running to Lollapallooza and Austin City Limits in the U.S. this summer.
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child