Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death Did Not Die of Suicide
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate portrayed by Al Pacino in HBO's movie "You Don't Know Jack", has died at the age of 83. He passed away on Friday, June 3 morning at a Michigan hospital where he had been treated for, reportedly, kidney and respiratory problems.
His lawyer and friend Mayer Morganrot confirmed the death of the so-called "Dr. Death" who had assisted more than 130 suicides and served eight years of prison for second-degree murder charges. His other longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said in a press conference that Jack did not kill himself but would have if he had the strength.
"I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital," Fieger said, adding "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal