Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death Did Not Die of Suicide
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate portrayed by Al Pacino in HBO's movie "You Don't Know Jack", has died at the age of 83. He passed away on Friday, June 3 morning at a Michigan hospital where he had been treated for, reportedly, kidney and respiratory problems.
His lawyer and friend Mayer Morganrot confirmed the death of the so-called "Dr. Death" who had assisted more than 130 suicides and served eight years of prison for second-degree murder charges. His other longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said in a press conference that Jack did not kill himself but would have if he had the strength.
"I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital," Fieger said, adding "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos