Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death Did Not Die of Suicide
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate portrayed by Al Pacino in HBO's movie "You Don't Know Jack", has died at the age of 83. He passed away on Friday, June 3 morning at a Michigan hospital where he had been treated for, reportedly, kidney and respiratory problems.
His lawyer and friend Mayer Morganrot confirmed the death of the so-called "Dr. Death" who had assisted more than 130 suicides and served eight years of prison for second-degree murder charges. His other longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said in a press conference that Jack did not kill himself but would have if he had the strength.
"I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital," Fieger said, adding "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie