Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death Did Not Die of Suicide
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate portrayed by Al Pacino in HBO's movie "You Don't Know Jack", has died at the age of 83. He passed away on Friday, June 3 morning at a Michigan hospital where he had been treated for, reportedly, kidney and respiratory problems.
His lawyer and friend Mayer Morganrot confirmed the death of the so-called "Dr. Death" who had assisted more than 130 suicides and served eight years of prison for second-degree murder charges. His other longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said in a press conference that Jack did not kill himself but would have if he had the strength.
"I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital," Fieger said, adding "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video