Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death Did Not Die of Suicide
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate portrayed by Al Pacino in HBO's movie "You Don't Know Jack", has died at the age of 83. He passed away on Friday, June 3 morning at a Michigan hospital where he had been treated for, reportedly, kidney and respiratory problems.
His lawyer and friend Mayer Morganrot confirmed the death of the so-called "Dr. Death" who had assisted more than 130 suicides and served eight years of prison for second-degree murder charges. His other longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said in a press conference that Jack did not kill himself but would have if he had the strength.
"I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital," Fieger said, adding "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame