Amy Winehouse Lasted Only Seven Days in Rehab
Amy Winehouse sought treatment for "alcohol addiction" at a prestigious rehab center in London last Wednesday, May 25, but she apparently didn't stay in rehab for long. The "Back to Black" singer has checked out of the treatment program after only a week at the Priory Clinic, her representative has confirmed.
On Thursday, June 2, spokesman Chris Goodman told the Associated Press that Amy will continue to seek outpatient treatment. The rep added that the 27-year-old is looking forward to touring Europe this summer and is "raring to go." Chris, however, did not mention why the "Rehab" singer was seeking treatment.
It was reported earlier that Amy checked into the Priory Clinic on her father's suggestion. A source told People, "Her dad sat her down and said 'I think you're drinking too much again.' So she agreed to go an assessment to stop it becoming a bigger problem." Words were, the singer downed a small bottle of Smirnoff vodka on the way to the clinic.
Amy is expected to kick off a European concert series on June 18. When announcing the singer's latest rehab stint last week, Chris pointed out that she "wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment."
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms