Ryan Gosling Withdraws From 'The Idolmaker'
Last month, Ryan Gosling was reported to make his directorial debut through a drama film, "The Idolmaker". However, the Canadian actor has recently informed MGM that he will not sit in the director's chair. He will also not star in the forthcoming film.
Deadline says that Gosling will be too busy at the moment. However, once the Dean Pereira of "Blue Valentine" has an empty slot on his schedule and is still interested on the project, he and MGM will revisit the flick down the line.
Gosling has recently wrapped "The Ides of March" with George Clooney. He is currently on pre-production for "Logan's Run" and "The Place Beyond the Pines". In addition to those pics, Gosling also has other high-profile films: "Drive" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love.".
"The Idolmaker" revolves around the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, the person who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian. The original film served as Taylor Hackford's directorial debut, and starred Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, and Joe Pantoliano.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight