Ryan Gosling Withdraws From 'The Idolmaker'
Last month, Ryan Gosling was reported to make his directorial debut through a drama film, "The Idolmaker". However, the Canadian actor has recently informed MGM that he will not sit in the director's chair. He will also not star in the forthcoming film.
Deadline says that Gosling will be too busy at the moment. However, once the Dean Pereira of "Blue Valentine" has an empty slot on his schedule and is still interested on the project, he and MGM will revisit the flick down the line.
Gosling has recently wrapped "The Ides of March" with George Clooney. He is currently on pre-production for "Logan's Run" and "The Place Beyond the Pines". In addition to those pics, Gosling also has other high-profile films: "Drive" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love.".
"The Idolmaker" revolves around the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, the person who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian. The original film served as Taylor Hackford's directorial debut, and starred Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, and Joe Pantoliano.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress