Ryan Gosling Withdraws From 'The Idolmaker'
Last month, Ryan Gosling was reported to make his directorial debut through a drama film, "The Idolmaker". However, the Canadian actor has recently informed MGM that he will not sit in the director's chair. He will also not star in the forthcoming film.
Deadline says that Gosling will be too busy at the moment. However, once the Dean Pereira of "Blue Valentine" has an empty slot on his schedule and is still interested on the project, he and MGM will revisit the flick down the line.
Gosling has recently wrapped "The Ides of March" with George Clooney. He is currently on pre-production for "Logan's Run" and "The Place Beyond the Pines". In addition to those pics, Gosling also has other high-profile films: "Drive" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love.".
"The Idolmaker" revolves around the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, the person who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian. The original film served as Taylor Hackford's directorial debut, and starred Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, and Joe Pantoliano.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App