Ryan Gosling Withdraws From 'The Idolmaker'
Last month, Ryan Gosling was reported to make his directorial debut through a drama film, "The Idolmaker". However, the Canadian actor has recently informed MGM that he will not sit in the director's chair. He will also not star in the forthcoming film.
Deadline says that Gosling will be too busy at the moment. However, once the Dean Pereira of "Blue Valentine" has an empty slot on his schedule and is still interested on the project, he and MGM will revisit the flick down the line.
Gosling has recently wrapped "The Ides of March" with George Clooney. He is currently on pre-production for "Logan's Run" and "The Place Beyond the Pines". In addition to those pics, Gosling also has other high-profile films: "Drive" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love.".
"The Idolmaker" revolves around the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, the person who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian. The original film served as Taylor Hackford's directorial debut, and starred Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, and Joe Pantoliano.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie