Ryan Gosling Withdraws From 'The Idolmaker'
Last month, Ryan Gosling was reported to make his directorial debut through a drama film, "The Idolmaker". However, the Canadian actor has recently informed MGM that he will not sit in the director's chair. He will also not star in the forthcoming film.
Deadline says that Gosling will be too busy at the moment. However, once the Dean Pereira of "Blue Valentine" has an empty slot on his schedule and is still interested on the project, he and MGM will revisit the flick down the line.
Gosling has recently wrapped "The Ides of March" with George Clooney. He is currently on pre-production for "Logan's Run" and "The Place Beyond the Pines". In addition to those pics, Gosling also has other high-profile films: "Drive" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love.".
"The Idolmaker" revolves around the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, the person who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian. The original film served as Taylor Hackford's directorial debut, and starred Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, and Joe Pantoliano.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?