Officially Named as Emmy Host, Jane Lynch Plans to Wear Tracksuit
FOX has finally made it official that Jane Lynch will serve as a host for the 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards. "Jane Lynch is one of the most gifted and entertaining actresses in film and television today, and we are thrilled she will be hosting the Primetime Emmys," FOX alternative programming head Mike Darnell said in a statement.
Echoing Darnell, Chairman and CEO of Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, John Shaffner, stated, "We're delighted to have Jane Lynch host the Primetime Emmys this year." With a host who has proven to be having comedic, dramatic and musical talents, he believes the show is going to be fun.
The show's executive producer Mark Burnett added, "She has incredible comedic timing, and is a charismatic, talented actress whose energy leaps off the screen and stage. I am thrilled and excited to have her as our host." He further revealed that Lynch was his first and only choice as the Emmy host this year.
Lynch herself has shared her excitement on getting the duty. "I am tickled pink to be hosting the Primetime Emmys," the Sue Sylvester of "Glee" commented without leaving her comedienne root. "I'm looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my finest tracksuit."
The 50-year-old actress previously shared she will use Jimmy Fallon, who hosted Emmy last year, as an example. "I did the opening number of the Emmys last year, and I was in awe of how Jimmy Fallon conducted himself throughout the show. He had so much fun and I'm going to use him as an example," she admitted.
The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on September 18 and aired live by FOX.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie