Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV' Pushed Back From June 21 to August 29
Lil Wayne's fans, who are itching to get a hold of his newest album "Tha Carter IV", have to wait another month because the Young Money rap mogul has decided to delay it to August. Previously set to arrive in the U.S. on July 21, the CD has now moved to August 29.
"He's still perfecting a few things, he's a perfectionist ... changing a few lines," Young Money president Mack Maine said to MTV. "If you calculate all of that, by the time we would've finished mixing, we wouldn't have met the [original] due date to turn in the album."
According to the publication, Maine also hinted that there are some huge features which will complete the album. Official tracklisting for the CD hasn't been announced, but already Cory Gunz and Rick Ross have been confirmed as featured guests. An Eminem-assisted track is also expected to make the cut to the album.
At least three songs have been embraced by music fans. The most recent one is a sweet love song called "How to Love" which is a far cry from most of what he's been working over the years. Featuring broody lyrics, this song received mixed reviews from Weezy's devotees. Some were not sure about his new direction, but the others were quite supportive.
Weezy himself said the song gives him "goose bumps." He said, "I can tell you that I've never had a single like it, and it's an amazing song. It's an amazing song." He added, "When I listen to it I get goose bumps. And I feel like the song is gonna take me somewhere that I've never been musically."
More Lil Wayne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding