Report: Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn Have Split
Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn might have called it quits. A source has just told People Magazine that the rumored couple are no longer dating. Words began to swirl that their romance might be hitting a rough patch when the two didn't attend the 2011 Cannes Film Festival together.
50-year-old Sean premiered his Terrence Malick-directed drama, "The Tree of Life", at the film festival back in mid-May. 26-year-old Scarlett herself has been kept busy reprising her "Iron Man 2" role as Black Widow for "The Avengers" in New Mexico. Reason for the alleged split is still unknown.
Scarlett has been romantically linked to Sean after she called off her marriage with Ryan Reynolds in December 2010. The "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" actress and the "Milk" actor were reported having a one-day trip to Mexico earlier this March and were later said sharing a cozy dinner at Chateau Marmont.
A representative for Scarlett has denied the romance rumor, insisting "Scarlett and Sean are not dating - they have been friends for years." Still, the twosome added more fuel to the speculation when they were spotted holding hands following the White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, D.C.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame