Report: Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn Have Split
Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn might have called it quits. A source has just told People Magazine that the rumored couple are no longer dating. Words began to swirl that their romance might be hitting a rough patch when the two didn't attend the 2011 Cannes Film Festival together.
50-year-old Sean premiered his Terrence Malick-directed drama, "The Tree of Life", at the film festival back in mid-May. 26-year-old Scarlett herself has been kept busy reprising her "Iron Man 2" role as Black Widow for "The Avengers" in New Mexico. Reason for the alleged split is still unknown.
Scarlett has been romantically linked to Sean after she called off her marriage with Ryan Reynolds in December 2010. The "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" actress and the "Milk" actor were reported having a one-day trip to Mexico earlier this March and were later said sharing a cozy dinner at Chateau Marmont.
A representative for Scarlett has denied the romance rumor, insisting "Scarlett and Sean are not dating - they have been friends for years." Still, the twosome added more fuel to the speculation when they were spotted holding hands following the White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, D.C.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled