New Trailer From 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Reveals Caesar's Evolution
Evolution becomes revolution in a fresh trailer from "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". This newly-released video, obtained via Yahoo! Movies, offers a look at little Caesar who grows up through experiments and eventually becomes the leader of other primates. The snippet also provides a scene where Caesar writes a name on a blackboard.
Caesar is a chimp which happens to be the guinea pig for an experiment to cure Alzheimer's disease, and other neurological degenerative conditions in humans. In his developmental stages, James Franco's Will Rodman becomes a father figure for Caesar, as well as a man of science. In the sci-fi film, Will is a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes after he makes a breakthrough while studying the development of intelligence in apes.
Andy Serkis brings Caesar into life, while Freida Pinto portrays Will's love interest Caroline. Other actors like Tom Felton, John Lithgow and Brian Cox take the supporting roles. In the meantime, Rupert Wyatt serves behind the lens for the film which is slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 5.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival