New Trailer From 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Reveals Caesar's Evolution
Evolution becomes revolution in a fresh trailer from "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". This newly-released video, obtained via Yahoo! Movies, offers a look at little Caesar who grows up through experiments and eventually becomes the leader of other primates. The snippet also provides a scene where Caesar writes a name on a blackboard.
Caesar is a chimp which happens to be the guinea pig for an experiment to cure Alzheimer's disease, and other neurological degenerative conditions in humans. In his developmental stages, James Franco's Will Rodman becomes a father figure for Caesar, as well as a man of science. In the sci-fi film, Will is a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes after he makes a breakthrough while studying the development of intelligence in apes.
Andy Serkis brings Caesar into life, while Freida Pinto portrays Will's love interest Caroline. Other actors like Tom Felton, John Lithgow and Brian Cox take the supporting roles. In the meantime, Rupert Wyatt serves behind the lens for the film which is slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 5.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce