Selena Gomez Excludes Controversial Pink Horses From Music Video
There won't be any pink horses in Selena Gomez's upcoming "Love You Like a Love Song" music video despite on-set pictures which suggested otherwise. The Disney star, who was slammed by Pink for using the painted animal to shoot the clip two weeks ago, has decided to cut the horse scene because she "was not so comfortable with the whole concept."
According to E! News, Selena had no idea that the horse would be painted. "When Selena was presented the idea for the video, no one informed her the horses would be painted and she had assumed they would be colored in post-production [via special effects]," a production insider said. "When she showed up to the set she was very surprised to see them painted."
Selena filmed the controversial scene on May 19 on the beach of Malibu in Los Angeles, CA with Oliver Seitz as her love interest. Soon after the pink horse pictures made their way out on the web, animal lover Pink blasted the teen singer, "If there are any animal activists around Malibu- at Leo Cabrillo State Beach, there are horses being painted for a stupid music video. Shame."
In response to the complaint, Selena's rep was quick to assure that the animals were not in any danger. "It was important to the Production Company, Record Label and Ms. Gomez that no animals were harmed and all proper precautions were taken," the rep issued defensive statement. "A non toxic, vegetable based powder paint was applied via an airbrush and removed with water. An official from the Humane Society was on set supervising."
However, a PETA spokesperson argued, "There are no safe ways to paint a live horse or any animal. They can have painful allergic reactions to chemicals and there's no way to know how an individual animal will react. Also, subjecting skittish animals like horses to extended periods of restraint and spraying is stressful and frightening."
"Love You Like a Love Song" is taken from "When the Sun Goes Down", Selena's upcoming studio album with The Scene. The CD is due in the U.S. on June 28 and will be preceded with the release of at least three songs. One is called "Bang Bang Bang" (June 7), another is "Dices" (June 14), and the other is "Love You Like a Love Song" itself (June 21). Music video for the third promotional track will be premiered one day after the song debut.
The other songs making the cut to the new album are revealed in the following tracklisting:
- "Love You Like a Love Song"
- "Bang Bang Bang"
- "Who Says"
- "We Own the Night"
- "Hit the Lights"
- "When the Sun Goes Down"
- "My Dilemma"
- "That's More Like It"
- "Middle of Nowhere"
- "Dices" ("Who Says" Spanish version)
More Selena Gomez News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard