Lindsay Lohan's Ankle Bracelet Replaced After Going Off at Home
False alarm has been sent by Lindsay Lohan's electronic ankle bracelet less than a week after she began her house arrest. On Monday, May 30, probation officials visited the "Gotti: Three Generations" actress' Venice townhouse after the monitoring device went off, but the Los Angeles Times reported they found her at home watching TV, reading scripts and posing for rooftop photos.
The 24-year-old actress' lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, confirmed on Thursday, June 2 that electronic monitoring system did go off on Monday. In a released statement, the attorney said, "When a representative from the monitoring company went to her home, the representative found Lindsay there." She went on to note that "the equipment was replaced the following day."
A spokesman for Lindsay, Steve Honig, additionally explained to the Los Angeles Times that the visit made by probation officials was a "part of standard procedure to make sure the monitoring equipment was working properly." While it is still unclear why her device went off, sources suggested it could be the result of a malfunction.
Lindsay was previously sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in the theft case involving $2,500 necklace. However, because of jail overcrowding issues and the fact that she is not a violent offender, the actress was eligible for house arrest. She began to serve the sentence on May 26, and is expected to serve only 35 days of confinement.
Under her house arrest term, the actress is allowed to leave home only for medical appointments or to go to the probation department. She is allowed visitors as well, but cannot consume alcohol or narcotics. Probation officials can also enter her home at any time to make sure she is in compliance with her requirements.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story