Lindsay Lohan's Ankle Bracelet Replaced After Going Off at Home
False alarm has been sent by Lindsay Lohan's electronic ankle bracelet less than a week after she began her house arrest. On Monday, May 30, probation officials visited the "Gotti: Three Generations" actress' Venice townhouse after the monitoring device went off, but the Los Angeles Times reported they found her at home watching TV, reading scripts and posing for rooftop photos.
The 24-year-old actress' lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, confirmed on Thursday, June 2 that electronic monitoring system did go off on Monday. In a released statement, the attorney said, "When a representative from the monitoring company went to her home, the representative found Lindsay there." She went on to note that "the equipment was replaced the following day."
A spokesman for Lindsay, Steve Honig, additionally explained to the Los Angeles Times that the visit made by probation officials was a "part of standard procedure to make sure the monitoring equipment was working properly." While it is still unclear why her device went off, sources suggested it could be the result of a malfunction.
Lindsay was previously sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in the theft case involving $2,500 necklace. However, because of jail overcrowding issues and the fact that she is not a violent offender, the actress was eligible for house arrest. She began to serve the sentence on May 26, and is expected to serve only 35 days of confinement.
Under her house arrest term, the actress is allowed to leave home only for medical appointments or to go to the probation department. She is allowed visitors as well, but cannot consume alcohol or narcotics. Probation officials can also enter her home at any time to make sure she is in compliance with her requirements.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single