Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Found Guilty in Baby's Death
A judge has laid the verdict that Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter Amanda Brumfield is found guilty of aggravated manslaughter in the death of her best friend's 1-year-old. Olivia Madison Garcia died while Brumfield was babysitting in October 2008.
Brumfield insisted that the child had fallen near a playpen and hit her head which resulted in her death. Police said Brumfield called for help more than two hours later after being unable to revive the child.
Autopsy later revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get on such short distance fall. It was later ruled homicide and Brumfield was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.
Brumfield will stand trial in July. Thornton has not given a comment on his daughter's issue. In 2009, his publicist said that the actor "has had no contact with her for quite some time."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival