Lady GaGa to Remix 'Born This Way' Songs for South Asia
Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" may have reached a million copies mark in the U.S. but it is set to sell further now that she's going to do a remix. In a bid to expand her influence, the controversial singer has teamed up with Bollywood producers to revamp her songs for South Asian fans.
"The reason I'm going to India now is because I can," GaGa told Wall Street Journal. "I didn't have the money or the resources before to travel and bring all of my things with me and reach an entire new territory of fans."
The marketing campaign for India begins with a collaboration between her and Desi Hits. The company which is based in New York will distribute the entertainment content to South Asian regions and create her brand.
"She's expanding her base," said her manager Troy Carter. "In the last album cycle we toured a lot of places in the world, but there were still some territories that we weren't able to go and spend time and really work. India was one of those places."
Desi Hits has worked with other Hollywood artists before such as 50 Cent, Akon, Britney Spears and Enrique Iglesias. The remix of GaGa's title track "Born This Way" by Salim and Sulaiman had been featured on DesiHits.com.
More Lady GaGa News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry