Lady GaGa to Remix 'Born This Way' Songs for South Asia
Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" may have reached a million copies mark in the U.S. but it is set to sell further now that she's going to do a remix. In a bid to expand her influence, the controversial singer has teamed up with Bollywood producers to revamp her songs for South Asian fans.
"The reason I'm going to India now is because I can," GaGa told Wall Street Journal. "I didn't have the money or the resources before to travel and bring all of my things with me and reach an entire new territory of fans."
The marketing campaign for India begins with a collaboration between her and Desi Hits. The company which is based in New York will distribute the entertainment content to South Asian regions and create her brand.
"She's expanding her base," said her manager Troy Carter. "In the last album cycle we toured a lot of places in the world, but there were still some territories that we weren't able to go and spend time and really work. India was one of those places."
Desi Hits has worked with other Hollywood artists before such as 50 Cent, Akon, Britney Spears and Enrique Iglesias. The remix of GaGa's title track "Born This Way" by Salim and Sulaiman had been featured on DesiHits.com.
More Lady GaGa News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West