Beyonce Knowles Releases an Epic 'Best Thing I Never Had' Single
Beyonce Knowles has dropped her second official single "Best Thing I Never Had". The R&B diva ditches dance sound, which is carried by her first single "Run the World (Girls)", in this powerful love-gone-wrong song. She kicks in the slow-riding jam with "what goes around comes back around" repetition.
She co-wrote the song with Babyface. While the first single, which hasn't climbed higher than 33 on Billboard Hot 100, didn't seem to have the kind of superstar impact she is used to, this second offering would likely bring her back to the top 10 of the list considering its radio-friendly appeal and catchy chorus.
Beyonce pours her heart out about a former lover who did her wrong and how grateful she is to end the relationship before it goes too far. "To think there was a time I almost loved you/ You showed your a**/ And yes baby, I saw the real you/ Thank God that you blew it/ Thank God that I dodged a bullet," she croons.
She also makes it clear that she wants nothing to do with him now that she knows how deceitful he could be. "I wanted you bad/ I'm so through with it/ Cuz honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had/ You turned out to be the best thing I never had/ And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had/ I bet it sucks to be you right now," she declares.
The ballad track is taken from Beyonce's upcoming studio album "4" which is due in the U.S. on June 28.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby