'The Hunger Games' Trilogy May Become Four Films
Being "the highest-selling film" Lionsgate Films has ever had at the Cannes Film Festival, "The Hunger Games" trilogy is likely to expand into four films. A representative for the studio confirms that they "have a deal that encompasses four  movies for 'The Hunger Games'."
The expansion rumor prompts speculation that "The Hunger Games" may take a similar route of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn". This means that Lionsgate could split Suzanne Collins' last novel "Mockingjay" into two films.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Jennifer Lawrence take the main role. Donald Sutherland has recently been added to portray the villainous President Snow. Meanwhile, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Paula Malcomson, and more are cast for supporting roles.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?