'The Hunger Games' Trilogy May Become Four Films
Being "the highest-selling film" Lionsgate Films has ever had at the Cannes Film Festival, "The Hunger Games" trilogy is likely to expand into four films. A representative for the studio confirms that they "have a deal that encompasses four  movies for 'The Hunger Games'."
The expansion rumor prompts speculation that "The Hunger Games" may take a similar route of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn". This means that Lionsgate could split Suzanne Collins' last novel "Mockingjay" into two films.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Jennifer Lawrence take the main role. Donald Sutherland has recently been added to portray the villainous President Snow. Meanwhile, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Paula Malcomson, and more are cast for supporting roles.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video