'The Hunger Games' Trilogy May Become Four Films
Being "the highest-selling film" Lionsgate Films has ever had at the Cannes Film Festival, "The Hunger Games" trilogy is likely to expand into four films. A representative for the studio confirms that they "have a deal that encompasses four  movies for 'The Hunger Games'."
The expansion rumor prompts speculation that "The Hunger Games" may take a similar route of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn". This means that Lionsgate could split Suzanne Collins' last novel "Mockingjay" into two films.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Jennifer Lawrence take the main role. Donald Sutherland has recently been added to portray the villainous President Snow. Meanwhile, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Paula Malcomson, and more are cast for supporting roles.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'