Video: Surprising Kiss in Last Battle Round of 'The Voice'
The sixth week of "The Voice" sent four more contestants home while presenting a drama on stage. Curtis Grimes planted a kiss on the lips of his duet partner Emily Valentine (both from Cee-Lo Green team) at the end of their performance of Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", making the celebrity mentors' jaws drop.
The song was a fit for country boy Grimes, while Valentine had to reach a little out of her rock comfort zone to perform it. Cee-Lo then picked Curtis to go to the live shows, and join Nakia, Vicci Martinez, as well as Tori & Taylor Thompson.
For the final battle round, Adam Levine put Jeff Jenkins against Casey Desmond to sing Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me". The judges were torn between the two, but Adam finally dropped his choice on Jeff. He joins Casey Weston, Javier Colon and Devon Barley.
Xenia Martinez and Sara Oromchi battled it out for the last place in Blake Shelton team which has already had Jared Blake, Patrick Thomas and Dia Frampton. The young girls performed "I'll Stand by You" by The Pretenders which did not suit their sweet voices. Still, Blake had to make a pick and he eventually gave it a go to 16-year-old Xenia.
To round out the top 16, Christina Aguilera had to choose between Lily Elise and Cherie Oakley, the latter of which is an experienced songwriter. They gave their best with their version of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Christina was apparently more in favor of Lily so the girl lands a place alongside Beverly McClellan, Frenchie Davis and Raquel Castro.
Next week, "The Voice" will move back to its 9 P.M. time slot for a two-hour long episode. The new reality show, which has been renewed for a second season, recently landed a coveted post-Super Bowl spot on Sunday, February 5, 2012.
More The Voice News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!