Video: Surprising Kiss in Last Battle Round of 'The Voice'
The sixth week of "The Voice" sent four more contestants home while presenting a drama on stage. Curtis Grimes planted a kiss on the lips of his duet partner Emily Valentine (both from Cee-Lo Green team) at the end of their performance of Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", making the celebrity mentors' jaws drop.
The song was a fit for country boy Grimes, while Valentine had to reach a little out of her rock comfort zone to perform it. Cee-Lo then picked Curtis to go to the live shows, and join Nakia, Vicci Martinez, as well as Tori & Taylor Thompson.
For the final battle round, Adam Levine put Jeff Jenkins against Casey Desmond to sing Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me". The judges were torn between the two, but Adam finally dropped his choice on Jeff. He joins Casey Weston, Javier Colon and Devon Barley.
Xenia Martinez and Sara Oromchi battled it out for the last place in Blake Shelton team which has already had Jared Blake, Patrick Thomas and Dia Frampton. The young girls performed "I'll Stand by You" by The Pretenders which did not suit their sweet voices. Still, Blake had to make a pick and he eventually gave it a go to 16-year-old Xenia.
To round out the top 16, Christina Aguilera had to choose between Lily Elise and Cherie Oakley, the latter of which is an experienced songwriter. They gave their best with their version of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Christina was apparently more in favor of Lily so the girl lands a place alongside Beverly McClellan, Frenchie Davis and Raquel Castro.
Next week, "The Voice" will move back to its 9 P.M. time slot for a two-hour long episode. The new reality show, which has been renewed for a second season, recently landed a coveted post-Super Bowl spot on Sunday, February 5, 2012.
More The Voice News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics