Official: Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina Signed to Mercury Nashville
Aspiring country music singers Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina have found a home to release their upcoming album. Graduating from "American Idol" season 10 as a winner and runner-up respectively, they have inked a record deal with the same label, Mercury Nashville.
The news was made public by the recording company by taking a full-page ad on today's issue of Billboard Country Update. "Mercury Nashville Welcomes Scotty and Lauren to the Family," they proudly announced their new recording artists.
Scotty and Lauren have dropped their country debut single soon after the "Idol" finale. Scotty released "I Love You This Big", while Lauren offered "Like My Mother Does". The former scored the highest chart debut for a new artist on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart by landing at No. 32. The latter, meanwhile, climbed to No. 49 with 124,000 downloads.
Most recently, the two singers have been invited to Kid Rock-hosted CMT Awards. They will attend the event on June 8 along with the likes of Justin Bieber, Shania Twain, Sara Evans, Train, Kristin Chenoweth, Melissa Peterman and Mary Steenburgen.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie