Coachella Music Fest Expanding Into Two-Weekend Desert Party
AEG-owned concert promoters Goldenvoice behind the annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival have decided to expand its 3-day extravagant into 6-day gig next year. They revealed that the festivity will be held on two consecutive weekends in 2012; April 13-15 and April 20-22.
The extended festival will have double days and double music since both of the weekends will have the same line-up. "We will attempt to produce two identical festival weekends," Goldenvoice announced in a statement. "That means same lineup, same art, same place, different people."
Tickets for both weekends will go on sale starting this coming Friday, June 3 and will be available until June 10. Concertgoers are encouraged to buy the tickets by visiting Coachella.com because tickets from a third party "cannot be authenticated."
"We know many of you were unable to attend this year's festival because passes sold out much sooner than anticipated," the organizers of the music and arts festival said. "We were truly surprised by the overwhelming response and remain honored by your passion and enthusiasm."
In the previous years, they usually revealed the lineup first before selling the tickets. Earlier this year, tickets for the festival were sold out in just six days as people were eager to watch live performances by such big headliners as Kanye West, Kings of Leon and Arcade Fire.
The desert party was also jam packed with star-studded audience. The likes of Katy Perry, Kate Bosworth, Alexander Skarsgard, Vanessa Hudgens, Josh Hutcherson and Lea Michele were snapped coming to Indio, Californa this year.
More Kanye West News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik