Arrested for Child Neglect, 'In Plain Sight' Star Calls It Misunderstanding
"In Plain Sight" star Nichole Hiltz has a run-in with the law recently. The 32-year-old actress, who is known for her portrayal of Brandi Shannon on the drama series, was arrested in Los Angeles early Tuesday morning, May 31 on suspicion of child neglect, TMZ reported.
Law enforcement officials spilled that police initially responded to a call about a disturbance at the actress' apartment in West Hollywood, but made the decision to arrest her after assessing the situation. The officers also placed her young child into protective custody.
The actress, who plays Libby Collins in three episodes of "Desperate Housewives", was then taken to a nearby station. She was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor child neglect at around 3:30 AM., and has since been released from custody.
Commenting on the arrest, Nichole's attorney insisted that it was just a misunderstanding. To TMZ, the lawyer said, "It was an unfortunate misunderstanding. No charges have been filed and absolutely no harm was done to the child."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet