Arrested for Child Neglect, 'In Plain Sight' Star Calls It Misunderstanding
"In Plain Sight" star Nichole Hiltz has a run-in with the law recently. The 32-year-old actress, who is known for her portrayal of Brandi Shannon on the drama series, was arrested in Los Angeles early Tuesday morning, May 31 on suspicion of child neglect, TMZ reported.
Law enforcement officials spilled that police initially responded to a call about a disturbance at the actress' apartment in West Hollywood, but made the decision to arrest her after assessing the situation. The officers also placed her young child into protective custody.
The actress, who plays Libby Collins in three episodes of "Desperate Housewives", was then taken to a nearby station. She was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor child neglect at around 3:30 AM., and has since been released from custody.
Commenting on the arrest, Nichole's attorney insisted that it was just a misunderstanding. To TMZ, the lawyer said, "It was an unfortunate misunderstanding. No charges have been filed and absolutely no harm was done to the child."
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'