First Look at Jennifer Lopez's New Reality Show
The first promo for Jennifer Lopez-starring new reality show has been outed. Titled "Q' Viva: The Chosen", it follows the "American Idol" judge along with her husband Marc Anthony as well as their tour director Jamie King in the search of undiscovered talent in Latin America.
For three months, the trio will be traveling to 21 countries across Americas and visiting places people wouldn't normally look for talent, including clubs, bars, dance studios, underground dance halls and festivals in villages, towns and cities. Instead of holding auditions, they will be guided by local people to those talent.
Additionally, they will select performers from videos uploaded to YouTube and Facebook. The selected ones will then travel to Hollywood, where they will be mentored by the stars to create "a spectacular live show."
J.Lo gushes the project is "the biggest thing that I've been involved with yet." She adds, "With this show we hope for the first time to unite all of the Latin cultures and make something that makes everybody proud." Meanwhile, King stresses, "This is less about competition and more about finding great talent, cultivating that talent, putting it on stage and giving it to the rest of the world."
Created by Simon Fuller/XIX Entertainment, the new talent show will be filmed in three languages and broadcast simultaneously on leading TV networks across the Western Hemisphere. Network partners have yet to be announced, while the search for the talent begins in July.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family