Justin Bieber, Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina Added to CMT Awards Line-Up
More big stars are added to the already-star-studded guest list of upcoming Country Music Television (CMT) Awards. The latest one is Justin Bieber who scores his first CMT nomination in Collaborative Video of the Year, thanks to "That Should Be Me", his joint track with Rascal Flatts.
Joining the pop idol will be Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina who recently finished first and second respectively at the "American Idol" finale. They have dropped their country debut single with Scotty releasing "I Love You This Big" and Lauren offering "Like My Mother Does".
"I Love You This Big" bowed at number 32 on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and climbed to No. 5 on iTunes song list. It's reportedly the highest chart debut for a new artist on the Country charts in the SoundScan era. The previous records on the Billboard chart had been 42 and 41.
The other guests include Shania Twain, Sara Evans, Train, Kristin Chenoweth, Melissa Peterman and Mary Steenburgen. Newly-crowned "Dancing with the Stars" winner Hines Ward, Green Bay Packers' Clay Matthews, and stars of CMT original movie "To the Mat" Laura Bell Bundy and Ricky Schroder are invited as well.
Hosted by Kid Rock, the CMT Awards will be held in a live ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee on June 8. Big & Rich, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Toby Keith and Zac Brown Band will perform.
More Justin Bieber News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle