New 'Deathly Hallows Part 2' Poster: Greasy-Haired Snape
Warner Bros. Pictures has released a new character poster from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". After Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and some other main characters previously got highlighted on one-sheets, Severus Snape comes to join them and gets his own banner.
On his character poster, Alan Rickman's Snape sports his usual greasy hair and black uniform. Snape, who becomes Headmaster of Hogwarts in the final "Harry Potter" novel, looks concerned for anything he is staring at.
Earlier in May, Rickman wrote a letter as his way of saying goodbye to the fantasy film. The letter read, "I have just returned from the dubbing studio where I spoke into a microphone as Severus Snape for absolutely the last time."
"On the screen were some flashback shots of Daniel (Radcliffe), Emma (Watson), and Rupert (Grint) from ten years ago. They were 12. I have also recently returned from New York, and while I was there, I saw Daniel singing and dancing (brilliantly) on Broadway. A lifetime seems to have passed in minutes."
"Three children have become adults since a phone call with Jo Rowling, containing one small clue, persuaded me that there was more to Snape than an unchanging costume, and that even though only three of the books were out at that time, she held the entire massive but delicate narrative in the surest of hands."
"It is an ancient need to be told in stories. But the story needs a great storyteller. Thanks for all of it, Jo. Alan Rickman."
The last movie of "Harry Potter" film series will witness the battle between good and evil forces of the Wizarding world which breaks into an all-out war. Eventually, Potter is the only one who has to make the decisive sacrifice as he draws closer to the climatic showdown with Voldemort.
Radcliffe reprises his role as the titular character, with Grint and Watson returning to star as Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger respectively. Other supporting stars include Gary Oldman, Bonnie Wright, and Tom Felton. The movie itself will hit 2-D and 3-D theaters across the nation on July 15.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous