Neck Brace-Wearing Snooki Faces Possible Lawsuit After Car Accident
Snooki's recent fender bender in Florence, Italy is not without consequences. Although she wasn't arrested for crashing into the back of a police car escorting her on Monday, May 30, the "Jersey Shore" star could be facing lawsuit from the two officers who were sent to hospital for minor injuries because of the accident.
A spokesperson for the Florence Police Department said that although the male and female officer have been released from the hospital and their injuries were "nothing serious", they "will not be back at work for a week." Per Italian law, they have up to 90 days to decide whether to take civil action against the pint-sized reality star.
Snooki has also had her license to drive in the country automatically revoked because she injured fellow motorists. While she was not injured in the car crash, the 23-year-old sported a neck brace while walking down the streets of Florence followed by camera crews. She was later seen ripping it off in laughter.
After news of her minor fender bender broke, the President of a national Italian American group UNICO labeled Snooki as the country's worst ever export. To Radar Online, Andre Dimino said, "She really is the lowest of the low and will do anything for attention, even hitting a police car. She is our worst ever export and is an embarrassment for Italian Americans and our whole country."
"For MTV to go and film in Italy was totally ill conceived, and this latest incident has just added insult to injury as far as I'm concerned," Andre continued on. "The whole situation is actually really sad, and it is painting our country in a terrible light."
Still, Snooki apparently isn't the only "Jersey Shore" stars having some troubles with the law in Italy. Us Weekly additionally reported that the reality series cast has collected over 300 Euros worth of fines for various traffic violations since they arrived in Italy three weeks ago.
More Snooki News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie