'Man Down' Music Video: Rihanna Gets Raped and Turns Into a Killer
Rihanna guns down a man in a dark, and emotional music video for her latest single "Man Down". In this clip, the Bajan songstress is originally a carefree island girl who is full of love, spirit and joy, but then an unthinkable moment happens and changes her entire life. She gets raped by a man she met at a party, and turns into a cold-blooded killer to seek revenge on him.
The music video was directed by Anthony Mandler. "Very strong underlying message 4 girls like me! #listentoyomama," RiRi once tweeted about the premise of the gritty visuals. Anthony, meanwhile, said the video has all elements that will capture viewers right from the beginning, saying "[It's] dramatic and shocking and intense and emotional and uplifting and enlightening."
RiRi filmed the clip in Jamaica. "I've always wanted to do a video here. 'Man Down' is just a song that you can't do anywhere else. We need to be authentic. You can't get any realer than Jamaica," she gushed. "It was amazing. It was intense, but we did it, of course. We're the dream team, and I'm really glad we came to Jamaica to make it work."
"Man Down" is lifted from Rihanna's studio album "Loud". The song was chosen as a single based on an online poll she had to determine her next offering.
Rihanna's "Man Down" music video
More Rihanna News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival