'Man Down' Music Video: Rihanna Gets Raped and Turns Into a Killer
Rihanna guns down a man in a dark, and emotional music video for her latest single "Man Down". In this clip, the Bajan songstress is originally a carefree island girl who is full of love, spirit and joy, but then an unthinkable moment happens and changes her entire life. She gets raped by a man she met at a party, and turns into a cold-blooded killer to seek revenge on him.
The music video was directed by Anthony Mandler. "Very strong underlying message 4 girls like me! #listentoyomama," RiRi once tweeted about the premise of the gritty visuals. Anthony, meanwhile, said the video has all elements that will capture viewers right from the beginning, saying "[It's] dramatic and shocking and intense and emotional and uplifting and enlightening."
RiRi filmed the clip in Jamaica. "I've always wanted to do a video here. 'Man Down' is just a song that you can't do anywhere else. We need to be authentic. You can't get any realer than Jamaica," she gushed. "It was amazing. It was intense, but we did it, of course. We're the dream team, and I'm really glad we came to Jamaica to make it work."
"Man Down" is lifted from Rihanna's studio album "Loud". The song was chosen as a single based on an online poll she had to determine her next offering.
More Rihanna News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics