Sean Kingston's Passenger Recalls Minutes Before Crash
The girl who was behind Sean Kingston when the jet ski crashed against a Miami beach bridge on the weekend has recounted minutes into the disaster. Cassandra Sanchez, Sean's longtime friend, told TMZ that the rapper was thinking of turning the jet ski around at last minute but was driving "really fast" that he lost control of the vehicle.
"Both jet skis pulled out of the dock at the same time and we were going so fast we just blasted past them," Cassandra said. "When we turned a corner and crashed ... they were so far behind us they didn't even see us crash." She remembered yelling to Sean before the crash, "We can't fit under there! Are we going to try and go under there? Sean stop!"
Their other friends quickly rushed in to help and signaled an off-duty Coast Guard employee who then rescued them in a boat. They pulled Sean who was "coughing up blood, foam and pink stuff". Cassandra recalled, "...when he finally opened his eyes, he kept repeating the words, 'I'm hurting. I'm hurting'."
Cassandra has been discharged from the hospital although she said that her ribs and jaw are still sore. Meanwhile, Sean is still hooked to a tube and stays in ICU to be stabilized. His rep told MTV, "He is aware of what is going on around him," adding that the singer "is sedated but fully conscious." He would be kept in the hospital for a couple more weeks.
More Sean Kingston News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences