Angelina Jolie's Cleopatra Won't Be as Lovely as Elizabeth Taylor's
Angelina Jolie is insisting that her portrayal of Cleopatra will be different from Elizabeth Taylor's in the 1963 film. Sitting down with The Telegraph recently, the Elise Ward of "The Tourist" confessed that hers will never be as lovely as Elizabeth's since she aims to deliver a more accurate portrait of the ancient Egyptian queen.
"She has been very misunderstood," insisted the 35-year-old. "I thought it was all about the glamor, but then I read about her and she was a very strong mother, she spoke five languages and she was a leader." The Hollywood actress went on to say that she also isn't going to let her Cleopatra turn out to be a sex symbol.
"We are trying to get into a different truth about her as a pharaoh in history and not as a sex symbol, because she really wasn't," so claimed the Academy Award winner. "Even this idea of her having many lovers - it was possible that it was only two. She is very interesting, but she wasn't a great beauty."
"Cleopatra" is adapted from the Stacy Schiff's book entitled "Cleopatra: A Life" that presents the Egyptian queen as a firm ruler and military tactician who embarked on a ruthless rise to power. The screenplay is provided by Brian Helgeland, while Scott Rudin will serve as producer. Angelina has previously confirmed that director David Fincher is likely to direct.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital