Angelina Jolie's Cleopatra Won't Be as Lovely as Elizabeth Taylor's
Angelina Jolie is insisting that her portrayal of Cleopatra will be different from Elizabeth Taylor's in the 1963 film. Sitting down with The Telegraph recently, the Elise Ward of "The Tourist" confessed that hers will never be as lovely as Elizabeth's since she aims to deliver a more accurate portrait of the ancient Egyptian queen.
"She has been very misunderstood," insisted the 35-year-old. "I thought it was all about the glamor, but then I read about her and she was a very strong mother, she spoke five languages and she was a leader." The Hollywood actress went on to say that she also isn't going to let her Cleopatra turn out to be a sex symbol.
"We are trying to get into a different truth about her as a pharaoh in history and not as a sex symbol, because she really wasn't," so claimed the Academy Award winner. "Even this idea of her having many lovers - it was possible that it was only two. She is very interesting, but she wasn't a great beauty."
"Cleopatra" is adapted from the Stacy Schiff's book entitled "Cleopatra: A Life" that presents the Egyptian queen as a firm ruler and military tactician who embarked on a ruthless rise to power. The screenplay is provided by Brian Helgeland, while Scott Rudin will serve as producer. Angelina has previously confirmed that director David Fincher is likely to direct.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards