Video: Pia Toscano and Kris Allen Perform at PBS Memorial Day Concert
While fellow "American Idol" alum Scotty McCreery went to Disney World, Pia Toscano visited the National Mall in Washington D.C. to perform at PBS National Memorial Day concert. She was a musical guest at the gig taking place at the West lawn of the Capitol along with another "Idol" graduate Kris Allen.
Looking beautiful in her red dress, Pia kicked off the special concert honoring members of the military and their families with a solid rendition of National Anthem "The Star-Spangled Banner". The former wedding singer belted out the song with the backdrop of Washington's monuments and the crowd gathering for the event put on display.
Kris later took the stage set on the lower ground to deliver another patriotic song "God Bless the USA". Saluting the troops, he said, "Thank you so much for everything you do and for the ones that's just come home, welcome home." During the performance, he also took time to shake the hands of the men and women in the service who sat in the front row.
Kris Allen himself comes from military family. "Both my granddads were in the military," he said. "And actually my wife's family is a military family. Her dad is retired from the Air Force."
More Pia Toscano News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March