Pics: Sarah Palin Channels Biker Chick at Rolling Thunder Rally
Sarah Palin didn't miss out the chance to channel her inner biker chick after all. Kicking off her "One Nation" bus tour, the former Alaska governor donned black outfit from head to toe as she took part in the 24th annual Rolling Thunder Memorial Day parade in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, May 29.
Wearing a black Harley-Davidson helmet and a leather jacket, the 47-year-old politician straddled a chopper for a few feet ride from the Pentagon to the National Mall. According to Fox News, she exclaimed, as she's getting ready for the rally, "I love the smell of the emissions!" Accompanying her were her husband Todd and daughters, Piper and Bristol Palin.
After the rally, Sarah took to her Facebook page to share, "There's no better way to see D.C. than on the back of a Harley!" She went on, "My family may be used to snowmachines more so than motorcycles... But whether you're riding the open road or the frozen tundra, you're celebrating a free spirit. What could be more American than that?"
The annual motorcycle ride held by the Rolling Thunder nonprofit organization aims to draw attention to American military personnel who are prisoners of war or missing in action. During her appearance, Sarah did not give a speech, but she signed autographs and talked with the crowd. It was reported that she was heard discussing about the soldiers still missing in action.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress