Pics: Sarah Palin Channels Biker Chick at Rolling Thunder Rally
Sarah Palin didn't miss out the chance to channel her inner biker chick after all. Kicking off her "One Nation" bus tour, the former Alaska governor donned black outfit from head to toe as she took part in the 24th annual Rolling Thunder Memorial Day parade in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, May 29.
Wearing a black Harley-Davidson helmet and a leather jacket, the 47-year-old politician straddled a chopper for a few feet ride from the Pentagon to the National Mall. According to Fox News, she exclaimed, as she's getting ready for the rally, "I love the smell of the emissions!" Accompanying her were her husband Todd and daughters, Piper and Bristol Palin.
After the rally, Sarah took to her Facebook page to share, "There's no better way to see D.C. than on the back of a Harley!" She went on, "My family may be used to snowmachines more so than motorcycles... But whether you're riding the open road or the frozen tundra, you're celebrating a free spirit. What could be more American than that?"
The annual motorcycle ride held by the Rolling Thunder nonprofit organization aims to draw attention to American military personnel who are prisoners of war or missing in action. During her appearance, Sarah did not give a speech, but she signed autographs and talked with the crowd. It was reported that she was heard discussing about the soldiers still missing in action.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia