'Mr. Popper's Penguins' Character Spot Hits Web
20th Century Fox is introducing the penguins in "Mr. Popper's Penguins" through a newly-released promo. The video, entitled "That's How the Penguins Roll", is an extended version to a previous preview which tells the names of the six penguins and shows their different personalities. At the end of the preview, the flightless birds are seen gatecrashing a party.
Living as the #1 real estate mogul in New York City, Jim Carrey's Thomas Popper is used to live in a comfortable and well-ordered existence. However, the arrival of a mysterious crate from Antarctica he receives from his long missing father marks the end of his wonderful life and the beginning of his new life as a caretaker, landlord and parent figure to six penguins.
"Mr. Popper's Penguins", which is made under the direction of Mark Waters, is adapted from a Newbery-winning children's book written by Richard and Florence Atwater of the same name. Previously slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 12, the movie is now set to come out on June 17. Carla Gugino, Ophelia Lovibond and Philip Baker Hall also support the film.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'