Justin Timberlake Thrilled His Sponsored Car Wins Indy 500
Racing veteran Dan Wheldon won Indy 500 on Sunday, May 29, but he isn't the only one happy about the win. Singer/actor Justin Timberlake is also left ecstatic after Dan took the checkers at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Indiana because his William Rast clothing line sponsored Dan's race car.
Taking to Twitter to share his excitement, the 30-year-old wrote, "What a Memorial Day weekend! The William Rast car just won the Indy 500!!!!" Two hours later after Dan was officially declared the winner, he again tweeted, "Congrats to Dan Wheldon, the WR racing team and everyone else who put in the hard work for this victory! Unreal!"
On Sunday, Dan crossed the finish line seconds after rookie JR Hildebrand skidded into the wall on the final turn. He beat out 32 other drivers for his second coveted Borg-Warner Trophy. The British race car driver claimed his first in 2005.
This year's Indy 500 was kicked off by the first winner of "American Idol", Kelly Clarkson, who sang the National Anthem with Seal. A slew of celebrities came out to watch from the sidelines. Kellie Pickler, Chloe Sevigny, Ashley Judd and Zachary Levi were among those present.
More Justin Timberlake News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!