Justin Timberlake Thrilled His Sponsored Car Wins Indy 500
Racing veteran Dan Wheldon won Indy 500 on Sunday, May 29, but he isn't the only one happy about the win. Singer/actor Justin Timberlake is also left ecstatic after Dan took the checkers at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Indiana because his William Rast clothing line sponsored Dan's race car.
Taking to Twitter to share his excitement, the 30-year-old wrote, "What a Memorial Day weekend! The William Rast car just won the Indy 500!!!!" Two hours later after Dan was officially declared the winner, he again tweeted, "Congrats to Dan Wheldon, the WR racing team and everyone else who put in the hard work for this victory! Unreal!"
On Sunday, Dan crossed the finish line seconds after rookie JR Hildebrand skidded into the wall on the final turn. He beat out 32 other drivers for his second coveted Borg-Warner Trophy. The British race car driver claimed his first in 2005.
This year's Indy 500 was kicked off by the first winner of "American Idol", Kelly Clarkson, who sang the National Anthem with Seal. A slew of celebrities came out to watch from the sidelines. Kellie Pickler, Chloe Sevigny, Ashley Judd and Zachary Levi were among those present.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival