Justin Timberlake Thrilled His Sponsored Car Wins Indy 500
Racing veteran Dan Wheldon won Indy 500 on Sunday, May 29, but he isn't the only one happy about the win. Singer/actor Justin Timberlake is also left ecstatic after Dan took the checkers at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Indiana because his William Rast clothing line sponsored Dan's race car.
Taking to Twitter to share his excitement, the 30-year-old wrote, "What a Memorial Day weekend! The William Rast car just won the Indy 500!!!!" Two hours later after Dan was officially declared the winner, he again tweeted, "Congrats to Dan Wheldon, the WR racing team and everyone else who put in the hard work for this victory! Unreal!"
On Sunday, Dan crossed the finish line seconds after rookie JR Hildebrand skidded into the wall on the final turn. He beat out 32 other drivers for his second coveted Borg-Warner Trophy. The British race car driver claimed his first in 2005.
This year's Indy 500 was kicked off by the first winner of "American Idol", Kelly Clarkson, who sang the National Anthem with Seal. A slew of celebrities came out to watch from the sidelines. Kellie Pickler, Chloe Sevigny, Ashley Judd and Zachary Levi were among those present.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl