Justin Timberlake Thrilled His Sponsored Car Wins Indy 500
Racing veteran Dan Wheldon won Indy 500 on Sunday, May 29, but he isn't the only one happy about the win. Singer/actor Justin Timberlake is also left ecstatic after Dan took the checkers at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Indiana because his William Rast clothing line sponsored Dan's race car.
Taking to Twitter to share his excitement, the 30-year-old wrote, "What a Memorial Day weekend! The William Rast car just won the Indy 500!!!!" Two hours later after Dan was officially declared the winner, he again tweeted, "Congrats to Dan Wheldon, the WR racing team and everyone else who put in the hard work for this victory! Unreal!"
On Sunday, Dan crossed the finish line seconds after rookie JR Hildebrand skidded into the wall on the final turn. He beat out 32 other drivers for his second coveted Borg-Warner Trophy. The British race car driver claimed his first in 2005.
This year's Indy 500 was kicked off by the first winner of "American Idol", Kelly Clarkson, who sang the National Anthem with Seal. A slew of celebrities came out to watch from the sidelines. Kellie Pickler, Chloe Sevigny, Ashley Judd and Zachary Levi were among those present.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown