Alice Braga Added to Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
The latest news from Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" revolves around its casting department. It is reported that Alice Braga comes aboard to take an undisclosed role in Blomkamp's next project after "District 9".
There is not much information from the forthcoming film, apart from Blomkamp's statement that this film is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, the movie is set 150 years in the future, with Jodie Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
So far, the cast line-up includes the likes of Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura. Bill Block and Simon Kinberg team up to serve as the producers. The R-rated movie will hit U.S. theaters on March 1, 2013.
Braga made a big break in 2002's "City of God". She later appeared in "I Am Legend", "Blindness", "Repo Men", and "Predators". The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "On the Road", starring opposite Kristen Stewart.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip