Alice Braga Added to Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
The latest news from Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" revolves around its casting department. It is reported that Alice Braga comes aboard to take an undisclosed role in Blomkamp's next project after "District 9".
There is not much information from the forthcoming film, apart from Blomkamp's statement that this film is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, the movie is set 150 years in the future, with Jodie Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
So far, the cast line-up includes the likes of Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura. Bill Block and Simon Kinberg team up to serve as the producers. The R-rated movie will hit U.S. theaters on March 1, 2013.
Braga made a big break in 2002's "City of God". She later appeared in "I Am Legend", "Blindness", "Repo Men", and "Predators". The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "On the Road", starring opposite Kristen Stewart.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal