Alice Braga Added to Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
The latest news from Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" revolves around its casting department. It is reported that Alice Braga comes aboard to take an undisclosed role in Blomkamp's next project after "District 9".
There is not much information from the forthcoming film, apart from Blomkamp's statement that this film is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, the movie is set 150 years in the future, with Jodie Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
So far, the cast line-up includes the likes of Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura. Bill Block and Simon Kinberg team up to serve as the producers. The R-rated movie will hit U.S. theaters on March 1, 2013.
Braga made a big break in 2002's "City of God". She later appeared in "I Am Legend", "Blindness", "Repo Men", and "Predators". The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "On the Road", starring opposite Kristen Stewart.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap