Alice Braga Added to Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
The latest news from Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" revolves around its casting department. It is reported that Alice Braga comes aboard to take an undisclosed role in Blomkamp's next project after "District 9".
There is not much information from the forthcoming film, apart from Blomkamp's statement that this film is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, the movie is set 150 years in the future, with Jodie Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
So far, the cast line-up includes the likes of Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura. Bill Block and Simon Kinberg team up to serve as the producers. The R-rated movie will hit U.S. theaters on March 1, 2013.
Braga made a big break in 2002's "City of God". She later appeared in "I Am Legend", "Blindness", "Repo Men", and "Predators". The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "On the Road", starring opposite Kristen Stewart.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'