Alice Braga Added to Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
The latest news from Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" revolves around its casting department. It is reported that Alice Braga comes aboard to take an undisclosed role in Blomkamp's next project after "District 9".
There is not much information from the forthcoming film, apart from Blomkamp's statement that this film is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, the movie is set 150 years in the future, with Jodie Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
So far, the cast line-up includes the likes of Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura. Bill Block and Simon Kinberg team up to serve as the producers. The R-rated movie will hit U.S. theaters on March 1, 2013.
Braga made a big break in 2002's "City of God". She later appeared in "I Am Legend", "Blindness", "Repo Men", and "Predators". The 28-year-old actress will next be seen in "On the Road", starring opposite Kristen Stewart.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M