Miley Cyrus Blasts Urban Outfitters for Being Shady and Anti-Gay
Miley Cyrus has waded in the recent controversy hitting fashion store Urban Outfitters. After words spread out that the company has ripped off one of an independent jewelry designer's necklace lines, the former star of "Hannah Montana" took to Twitter to speak out her opinion about the retailer.
"Love that everybody is hating on Urban Outfitters," the 18-year-old first tweeted. In a following post, she pointed out why she has no tolerance for the retailer. "Not only do they steal from artists but every time you give them money you help finance a campaign against gay equality. #SHADYASHELL," so she wrote.
The songstress, who will be seen starring opposite Demi Moore in "LOL: Laughing Out Loud", continued on to show her support for gay rights. " 'IF WE ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE NEXT THING U KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE MARRYING GOLD FISH' - Rick Santorum UO contributed $13,000 to this mans campaign," her tweet read.
Urban Outfitters was recently hit with accusation that the company has copied Stevie Koerner's necklace design. The independent artist wrote on her blog last Wednesday, May 25, "I'm very disappointed in Urban Outfitters. I know they have stolen designs from plenty of other artists. I understand that they are a business, but it's not cool to completely rip off an independent designer's work."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities