Miley Cyrus Blasts Urban Outfitters for Being Shady and Anti-Gay
Miley Cyrus has waded in the recent controversy hitting fashion store Urban Outfitters. After words spread out that the company has ripped off one of an independent jewelry designer's necklace lines, the former star of "Hannah Montana" took to Twitter to speak out her opinion about the retailer.
"Love that everybody is hating on Urban Outfitters," the 18-year-old first tweeted. In a following post, she pointed out why she has no tolerance for the retailer. "Not only do they steal from artists but every time you give them money you help finance a campaign against gay equality. #SHADYASHELL," so she wrote.
The songstress, who will be seen starring opposite Demi Moore in "LOL: Laughing Out Loud", continued on to show her support for gay rights. " 'IF WE ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE NEXT THING U KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE MARRYING GOLD FISH' - Rick Santorum UO contributed $13,000 to this mans campaign," her tweet read.
Urban Outfitters was recently hit with accusation that the company has copied Stevie Koerner's necklace design. The independent artist wrote on her blog last Wednesday, May 25, "I'm very disappointed in Urban Outfitters. I know they have stolen designs from plenty of other artists. I understand that they are a business, but it's not cool to completely rip off an independent designer's work."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'