Summer Concert Pics and Videos: Lady GaGa Kicks Off 'GMA', Rihanna Opens 'Today'
New Yorkers were treated to two major concerts on Friday, May 27 as part of summer festivity kick-offs. Lady GaGa stopped by Rumsey Playfield in Central Park to open "Good Morning America" concert series, and Rihanna went to Rockefeller Center for "Today" show.
GaGa had a five-song set on "GMA". Wearing white cloak on top of red and black bodysuit, she made a grand entrance by ziplining her way into the venue while singing her hit single "Bad Romance". She traded the outfit with a sheer cheetah-print-like bodysuit and a spiky jacket for the next performance, "The Edge of Glory".
For the third single "Judas", GaGa ditched the black spiky ensemble with a gold sequin jacket. Next for "Born This Way", she wore gold Viking horns, but only before she took a dip in a tank full of black water. Closing the outdoor party, the Mother Monster slowed down with an acoustic rendition of "Hair". She sat behind a unicorn-shaped piano.
Beside singing, GaGa also sat down with Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos. "It's an absolute dream come true to be here today and to play in Central Park," she said. "I grew up five blocks from here. I'm so excited and so blessed and so happy to be here. To be honest, just to see this many people here to listen to my music just makes me feel so proud."
Elsewhere in the Big Apple, Rihanna also lured big crowd. The Bajan songstress catered concertgoers at Rockefeller Plaza with sexy, and flirty performances. She kicked off her set by singing "S&M" on the street. Wearing a leather Burberry trench coat, she was grabbed by a fan en route to the stage and got help from her dancers to free her from the overzealous fan.
The other songs she performed at the gig included "Only Girl (In the World)", "What's My Name" and "California King Bed". When doing an interview with host Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira, she said, " 'Loud' symbolizes all of the energy that went into this album, we just had such a great time - we were making it on tour. So, it was all about music, and I've only listened to my music loud. If it feels good that way then it's going to feel good to the fans."
RiRi additionally talked about her controversial racy performance with Britney Spears at Billboard Music Awards. "I went to Twitter to see what my fans thought about it, and they really enjoyed seeing the two of us up there together," she said. "People are always going to talk, whether you're doing bad or good."
Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance":
Rihanna's "What's My Name":
More Lady GaGa News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie