Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina Explain 'Idol' Kiss
That kiss between Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina after Ryan Seacrest announced McCreery as this season's "American Idol" winner was that of siblings'. When asked whether there's anything romantic, McCreery told People, "Oh no. We've been getting that question all morning. Me and her, it's a brother-and-sister relationship."
Alaina has to debunk the story to several other media outlets as well. "We're just really good friends. We really care about each other," she told Us Weekly. "Everyone wants us to like each other, but we just don't." When pressed with a possibility, the 16-yer-old said, "You never know what's going to happen 10 years down the road, but I doubt it. I think we'll always be really good friends."
McCreery, 17, himself is not interested in dating right now. "I'm still single. I don't want a girl who likes me because I'm the American Idol," he said. "I just want them to like me because I'm Scotty. That's a hard thing to find, but it'll work out sometime." He added, "I'm still young and I've got a lot of years ahead of me."
Back to the kiss on "Idol" finale, McCreery explained that it was actually planned. "She told me before the show she was going to [kiss me]," he said. "It was kind of like a joke. She's a character." He said their friendship went as far back as the Hollywood Week.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard