Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina Explain 'Idol' Kiss
That kiss between Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina after Ryan Seacrest announced McCreery as this season's "American Idol" winner was that of siblings'. When asked whether there's anything romantic, McCreery told People, "Oh no. We've been getting that question all morning. Me and her, it's a brother-and-sister relationship."
Alaina has to debunk the story to several other media outlets as well. "We're just really good friends. We really care about each other," she told Us Weekly. "Everyone wants us to like each other, but we just don't." When pressed with a possibility, the 16-yer-old said, "You never know what's going to happen 10 years down the road, but I doubt it. I think we'll always be really good friends."
McCreery, 17, himself is not interested in dating right now. "I'm still single. I don't want a girl who likes me because I'm the American Idol," he said. "I just want them to like me because I'm Scotty. That's a hard thing to find, but it'll work out sometime." He added, "I'm still young and I've got a lot of years ahead of me."
Back to the kiss on "Idol" finale, McCreery explained that it was actually planned. "She told me before the show she was going to [kiss me]," he said. "It was kind of like a joke. She's a character." He said their friendship went as far back as the Hollywood Week.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death