Additional 30 Million Dollars Flows Into 'Transformers 3' Budget for 3D Effects
Director Michael Bay has added $30 million to "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" budget. Speaking in a recent interview, the director indicated that the cash was used to develop 3-D visual effect for the action sci-fi movie, which is slated to hit 2-D and 3-D theaters nationwide on June 29.
Although it is not easy shooting 3-D, Bay believed the visual effect worked well with his upcoming film. He said, "I don't think everything's right for 3-D. This was appropriate for 3-D, and it was a way to change this movie experience and a way to feel these robots. I think it worked for this picture."
Even James Cameron, director of "Avatar", praised the movie's 3-D effects. "It's pretty cool stuff. I just saw the whole picture. I like the depth. I like the fact that you're using the 3-D aggressively and really embracing it. Like you ever do anything that's not aggressive."
Earlier this week, two new TV spots for the sequel of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" were unveiled. While they looked similar to the previous videos, one of the footages shares very quick looks at new robots.
Previously, a new snippet for film was also unleashed in 3-D. Although the scenes looked familiar, the video offered a few seconds look at Optimus Prime scene at the end.
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" revolves around Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky and his robot friends. When a mysterious event from Earth's past erupts into the present day, it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is cast as Sam's new love interest, Carly.
'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' TV Spot 'Secret':
'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' TV Spot 'Everything':
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group