Additional 30 Million Dollars Flows Into 'Transformers 3' Budget for 3D Effects
Director Michael Bay has added $30 million to "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" budget. Speaking in a recent interview, the director indicated that the cash was used to develop 3-D visual effect for the action sci-fi movie, which is slated to hit 2-D and 3-D theaters nationwide on June 29.
Although it is not easy shooting 3-D, Bay believed the visual effect worked well with his upcoming film. He said, "I don't think everything's right for 3-D. This was appropriate for 3-D, and it was a way to change this movie experience and a way to feel these robots. I think it worked for this picture."
Even James Cameron, director of "Avatar", praised the movie's 3-D effects. "It's pretty cool stuff. I just saw the whole picture. I like the depth. I like the fact that you're using the 3-D aggressively and really embracing it. Like you ever do anything that's not aggressive."
Earlier this week, two new TV spots for the sequel of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" were unveiled. While they looked similar to the previous videos, one of the footages shares very quick looks at new robots.
Previously, a new snippet for film was also unleashed in 3-D. Although the scenes looked familiar, the video offered a few seconds look at Optimus Prime scene at the end.
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" revolves around Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky and his robot friends. When a mysterious event from Earth's past erupts into the present day, it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is cast as Sam's new love interest, Carly.
'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' TV Spot 'Secret':
'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' TV Spot 'Everything':
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia