Lionsgate TV Develops Reality Series About Swingers
Lionsgate TV is picking up the life of swingers as an object of its new reality series. The company has been developing "Bedroom Community", which will follow suburban couples who swap partners, and has shot a presentation for the project.
Reality producer Eli Frankel is the mastermind of the project. "What we have seen on shows about swingers are primarily older hippies, fringe people who are a little bit dirty. What we found are elite groups of people in upscale communities who are good-looking and have money and access," he explains on what will make the show interesting.
Frankel admits it took awhile to convince people, who will be featured on the series, that "the show was not going to be exploitative but just document people who are fairly normal but chose to do live their relationships on the edge." He goes on assuring that, despite the title, the show will focus on the the cast members' lives in their living rooms, not in their bedrooms. "It is not a show about sex but about people and their relationships," he adds.
Though it is still considered a suburban taboo, the swinging lifestyle has been previously depicted in a small screen show through CBS' drama series "Swingtown". Set in the 1970s, the show was premiered in 2008 but did not last beyond one season.
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic