Lionsgate TV Develops Reality Series About Swingers
Lionsgate TV is picking up the life of swingers as an object of its new reality series. The company has been developing "Bedroom Community", which will follow suburban couples who swap partners, and has shot a presentation for the project.
Reality producer Eli Frankel is the mastermind of the project. "What we have seen on shows about swingers are primarily older hippies, fringe people who are a little bit dirty. What we found are elite groups of people in upscale communities who are good-looking and have money and access," he explains on what will make the show interesting.
Frankel admits it took awhile to convince people, who will be featured on the series, that "the show was not going to be exploitative but just document people who are fairly normal but chose to do live their relationships on the edge." He goes on assuring that, despite the title, the show will focus on the the cast members' lives in their living rooms, not in their bedrooms. "It is not a show about sex but about people and their relationships," he adds.
Though it is still considered a suburban taboo, the swinging lifestyle has been previously depicted in a small screen show through CBS' drama series "Swingtown". Set in the 1970s, the show was premiered in 2008 but did not last beyond one season.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed